Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

It's Wednesday already, I can't believe it! I've been in the city, going to the university library to do research for my EE. I could not resist taking a photo of my pile of books, it's like a classic image of a student studying behind a massive pile of books.  

The books are really fascinating; there is so much depth to them. Those who think fashion is a soft subject had better think again, it is not easy and requires a lot of thinking and understanding of design. Then again, it is fun looking at some of the designs - they are massively unwearable but look AMAZING!

I also found a really good sushi shop tucked down a little side street. So yummy, and cheaper than sushi places on the Shore! I shall be going there for lunch whenever I'm in town.

Below is a really cute summer outfit using ankle boots, which I made in a longing mood yesterday. I had these ankle boots brought up from Christchurch, however they need to be repaired as the bit of material on the inside of the boot by the heel was sewn on properly. Now I have to wait until the week after next to wear them, as they won't be ready until next week, which is when I'm away. So, I designed this set as a replacement for my boots... until I next see them.


While I was studying, I gave myself a little break (well, it was a lovely day and I didn't want to be cooped up inside all day) and went for a wander down Queen Street. I went into Recycle Boutique, and found a really cool draped waistcoat, however for some reason I just did not want to spend any money (must be the recession!). I also went into Little High Street, which is a group of shops inside next to High Street, and found this really cool looking dress with paint splashes over it. Instead of paying $45 for it, I'm planning to create my own, but I have to find somewhere where I can make a mess - I can't leave paint all over my bedroom!

Fun times await... 

No comments:

Post a Comment